Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Freshness




Is that a spring thaw I'm feeling? Thank god, since my office is right next to the water and it's always colder because of that proximity to it. Non Native has released this fly vest that is very reminiscent of Moncler (without the $1000 price tag). The color is subtle, and goes with almost anything.



Speaking of Moncler, this motorcycle jacket is flavors! I like the French flag detail on the upper chest. What I don't like is the price tag ($900). That's just insane. I'm sure some creative googling will get you a reasonable facsimile.





One of my favorite brands of ALL time has to be Barking Irons. Taking inspiration from the Gangs of New York era, they make incredible t shirts, hoodies, and jewelery (pictured). When I found out that these pieces (2 of many different designs available) are actually crafted from 19th century spoons, I almost fell out of my seat! I could not believe how fresh that @#$$ was. Seriously. How dope is it that these pieces were once used by some family in turn of the century New York? The top one is a woman's bracelet, and the bottom is a man's ring. Check out the "finery" at barkingirons.com


1 comment:

  1. PLEASE tell me where I can get this Moncler motorcycle jacket, or at least what it's called! I can't find it anywhere... Do you have any leads? :)

    DesperatelySeekingMonclerMotorcycleJacket

    fournierpd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete